Velcro announced last week that it will be opening a state-of-the-art factory to serve clients across Latin America; Velcro Company’s capital investment in a new production facility in Uruguay is one of the largest by any private firm that has opened in the country, and the new facility will be created in order to support the company’s growing business with industrial firms and retail consumers alike that are spread across Latin America.
“This state-of-the-art manufacturing facility underscores our commitment to serving clients in the Mercosur region, which is an important source of growth for the company,” Scott Filion, president of the Americas region for Velcro Companies, said.
The opening of the Uruguay factory marks a significant expansion of Velcro Companies’ global production capacity. The move follows the acquisition of Alfatex and Gevaert, two European weaving companies, in June of this year.
The new facility builds on the company’s existing presence in the region. Velcro Companies has long had a sales, distribution and customer service center in Mexico City, Mexico, and in 2014 it acquired two companies in Brazil to facilitate its sales and distribution activity in the country.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Velcro Companies ?
Next time we write about Velcro Companies, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference