MercadoLibre recently received approval for income tax and payroll exemptions from the Argentine Industry Secretary under a new software development law, guaranteeing the company a reduction of the effective income tax rate for its operations and a reduction on labor costs.
MercadoLibre was granted the tax break retroactively to its September 2014 application. Among the benefits of the law are relief of 60 percent of the total taxable income stemming from software development activities and a 70 percent exemption on payroll taxes for employees involved in software development activities.
MercadoLibre's income tax savings will approach $15.5 from October through December 2015. The payroll tax break will cut labor expenses by $3 million to $4.5 million over the same period.
Established in 2011, the software development tax law is valid through 2019.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about MercadoLibre, Inc. ?
Next time we write about MercadoLibre, Inc., we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference