Activities in Veladero Mine in San Juan, Argentina, have been restricted, according to an announcement that Barrick Gold Corporation made after the failure of a valve on a pipe carrying cyanide solution at the leach pad; the company has since reinforced that its priority now is the safety of people and the environment.
Barrick has installed a water-monitoring program that assured there is no risk for inhabitants living in the area.
The results are reinforce other testing results released by other third parties in San Juan province, including the Public Health Department and the state water distribution company.
Furthermore, the company has implemented other preventive measures and control aiming to restart the normal operations in Veladero. Barrick is also developing a research to understand the causes of the incident.
The company does not anticipate any material impact to production at Veladero in consequence of this incident.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Barrick Gold Corporation ?
Next time we write about Barrick Gold Corporation, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar