Cementos Pacasmayo, a leading Peruvian supplier of cement and construction materials, recently announced that it has launched commercial production from its new Piura facility.
The first ton of cement from the Piura facility was produced and shipped last week. It will be the most modern cement plant in Latin America, featuring a multi-fuel kiln. Final capacity will be 1.6 million tons of cement per year and 1 million tons of clinker per year.
“I am delighted to announce the beginning of commercial operations at the Piura plant, an important milestone for Cementos Pacasmayo and the Peruvian cement industry,” CEO of Cementos Pacasmayo Humberto Nadal said. “Piura will offer our clients high-quality cement, with improved logistics, while simultaneously lowering our cost of production.
“We continue to execute this important project on time and under budget, demonstrating our expertise in large-scale, advanced facilities. We look forward to moving the plant along its production curve, creating value for all stakeholders,” Nadal said.
Cementos Pacasmayo is the only cement manufacturer in the Northern region of Peru. With more than 57 years of operating history, the company produces, distributes and sells cement and cement-related materials, such as concrete blocks and ready-mix concrete. Cementos Pacasmayo’s products are primarily used in construction, which has been one of the fastest-growing segments of the Peruvian economy in recent years.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Cementos Pacasmayo ?
Next time we write about Cementos Pacasmayo, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference