Axion Energy Argentina is launching a new convenience store design created by CBX.
The design recently took first place honors in the convenience store category in VMSD magazine's annual Retail Renovation Competition, published in September.
CBX's creation of AXION's Spot! Café concept marked the departure from the usual c-store development process. Recognizing the strong European cultural and social influence in Argentina, CBX decided to make an authentic café experience the main focus of the shop, with the convenience retail component secondary.
As a result, the CBX approach changed the focus of the shop.
"We felt there was an opportunity for the client to differentiate itself by making the shop not a typical c-store selling food and coffee, but instead creating a modern, state-of-the-art café that also offers an assortment of convenience products," CBX president of branded environments Joseph Bona said. "So, the project really became all about creating a genuine café experience."
Aiming to establish the primacy of the café experience, the layout separates the store and café as distinct sectors. Tables and outdoor patio seating help reinforce a sense of community and compliment the traditional café seating, which also includes club chairs. Digital menu boards allow easy time-of-day menu changes.
Organizations in this story
AXION energy Argentina Ringuelet La Plata, Buenos Aires - B1914IIF
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar