Axion Energy Argentina is launching a new convenience store design created by CBX.
The design recently took first place honors in the convenience store category in VMSD magazine's annual Retail Renovation Competition, published in September.
CBX's creation of AXION's Spot! Café concept marked the departure from the usual c-store development process. Recognizing the strong European cultural and social influence in Argentina, CBX decided to make an authentic café experience the main focus of the shop, with the convenience retail component secondary.
As a result, the CBX approach changed the focus of the shop.
"We felt there was an opportunity for the client to differentiate itself by making the shop not a typical c-store selling food and coffee, but instead creating a modern, state-of-the-art café that also offers an assortment of convenience products," CBX president of branded environments Joseph Bona said. "So, the project really became all about creating a genuine café experience."
Aiming to establish the primacy of the café experience, the layout separates the store and café as distinct sectors. Tables and outdoor patio seating help reinforce a sense of community and compliment the traditional café seating, which also includes club chairs. Digital menu boards allow easy time-of-day menu changes.
Organizations in this story
AXION energy Argentina Ringuelet La Plata, Buenos Aires B1914IIF
- Kurosu & Cía hosts John Deere fair
- Peru's Aceros Arequipa honored with 'Leadership Team Competition of Excellence – 2017'
- Codelco receives top ranking by Chile's Council for Transparency
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices