Cubiware, a Poland-based subsidiary of TiVo, recently announced that they have been selected by Supercanal, Argentina's leading MSO, to provide middleware for Supercanal's digitalization project along with local partner, Bold as integrator and VOD service provider.
The offering will also include Cubiware's portal server and multiscreen applications. Furthermore, set-top boxes will support over the top and video on demand from FoxPlay and Telecine.
CubiTV features a highly intuitive interface that allow subscribers to navigate advanced TV functionality. It also includes graphics-rendering engine that delivers fast, sleek menus and program guides with high-quality animation, transitions, and effects. Designed to run on low-power, small footprint DTV and IPTV processors from all major silicon vendors, the STB versions of CubiTV may be deployed on both modern and legacy devices, thereby minimizing the need for hardware replacement.
"Cubiware now serves 13 Latin American countries and there remains a tremendous growth opportunity in the pay-TV and digital media industries in this region,” Cubiware Co-Founder Jakub Gorski said. “Supercanal in Argentina is at the forefront of that change, and Cubiware is thrilled to support their linear and OTT needs in tandem with our partners Conax and Bold.”
Organizations in this story
Supercanal De la Torre 150 5500 Mendoza Argentina ,
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices
- U.S. State Department official outlines situation in Venezuela
- Volvo' developing self-steering truck in Brazil sugar cane field
- Mauro Libi Crestani's Casa Hogar Foundation celebrates ninth year in Venezuela