Cubiware, a Poland-based subsidiary of TiVo, recently announced that they have been selected by Supercanal, Argentina's leading MSO, to provide middleware for Supercanal's digitalization project along with local partner, Bold as integrator and VOD service provider.
The offering will also include Cubiware's portal server and multiscreen applications. Furthermore, set-top boxes will support over the top and video on demand from FoxPlay and Telecine.
CubiTV features a highly intuitive interface that allow subscribers to navigate advanced TV functionality. It also includes graphics-rendering engine that delivers fast, sleek menus and program guides with high-quality animation, transitions, and effects. Designed to run on low-power, small footprint DTV and IPTV processors from all major silicon vendors, the STB versions of CubiTV may be deployed on both modern and legacy devices, thereby minimizing the need for hardware replacement.
"Cubiware now serves 13 Latin American countries and there remains a tremendous growth opportunity in the pay-TV and digital media industries in this region,” Cubiware Co-Founder Jakub Gorski said. “Supercanal in Argentina is at the forefront of that change, and Cubiware is thrilled to support their linear and OTT needs in tandem with our partners Conax and Bold.”
Organizations in this story
Supercanal De la Torre 150 5500 Mendoza Argentina
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar