Amyris Inc., an industrial bioscience company, on Friday announced it has entered into a memorandum of understanding for an exclusive distribution and reseller agreement with Contém 1G, one of the leading cosmetics companies in Brazil.
"This is a significant step for our Biossance brand, where we see an opportunity for sales to Contém 1G in the range of $8 million to $12 million in the first year of the relationship, as well as a rapid expansion of the brand in a 'direct to consumer' sales model where consumers can try and buy our product immediately," Caroline Hadfield, senior vice president for personal care at Amyris, said.
After the completion of definitive agreements, Amyris plans to introduce Biossance's The Revitalizer, its initial featured skin moisturizer, to Brazil. Amyris also plans to introduce an additional five Biossance products through 2016 and a hair care line by the end of 2016. Amyris will have access to Contém 1G's retail sales outlets as its exclusive skin care product line.
"After the initial launch of our first product, Biossance The Revitalizer, on our branded website (www.biossance.com), this agreement marks our first step toward growing retail sales and distribution channels for Biossance with companies like Contém 1G, which enjoy leading positions in the markets they serve," Hadfield said.
Organizations in this story
Amyris, Inc. 5885 Hollis St Emeryville, CA 94608
- Kurosu & Cía hosts John Deere fair
- Peru's Aceros Arequipa honored with 'Leadership Team Competition of Excellence – 2017'
- Codelco receives top ranking by Chile's Council for Transparency
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices