TriLinc Global Impact Fund announced Wednesday that it has recently approved $11.78 million in trade finance transactions to companies in Ecuador, South Africa and Zambia.
TriLinc is an investing fund that provides growth-stage loans and trade finance to established small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in developing economies where access to affordable capital is significantly limited. Impact Investing is defined as investing with the specific objective of achieving a competitive financial return as well as creating positive, measurable impact in communities across the globe.
TriLinc approved the term loan on five transactions that meet the company’s requirements for underwriting, economic development and societal advancement.
“TriLinc’s recent investments in Sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America demonstrate TriLinc’s support of locally owned companies seeking to strengthen their competitive position in the global marketplace,”
Gloria Nelund said. “From improving access to affordable cellular phones in South Africa to supporting the fishing industry in Ecuador, TriLinc’s financing is providing its borrowers with tailored financing solutions that complement their respective business cycles, enable the timely delivery of products to market, and further the economic and social development of their local communities"
Organizations in this story
TriLinc Global, LLC 1230 Rosecrans Ave Manhattan Beach, CA - 90266
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar