Parex Resources said last week that it has made new Colombian oil discoveries on blocks LLA-26 and LLA-34, and has increased oil-production guidance for 2015.
The three discoveries:
--Rumba/Bazar: Parex tested the Mirador and Une formations from the Bazar-2 exploration well in late July on a separate structural closure along the same fault trend as the recent Rumba discovery. The bottom hole coordinates of the well are approximately 1.36 miles northeast of the Rumba-1 discovery well and 0.68 miles northeast of the Rumba-2 appraisal well. Bazar-2 reached the Mirador Formation target depth on August 23 and encountered potential oil-bearing zones with electric log characteristics and hydrocarbons suggesting oil pay. The Bazar-2 well appears to share the same oil/water contact in the Mirador Formation as the Rumba discovery, suggesting the Mirador pool is continuous along the fault from Rumba-1 to Bazar-2. The well is currently drilling ahead to final target depth to test the deeper potential in the Une Formation. The well is expected to be tested later in September.
--Chachalaca: The Chachalaca-1 well was the first well to be drilled on an untested fault trend located northwest of the Tigana fault trend and was drilled to a depth of 12,270 feet. The well encountered three potential oil zones in the Mirador Formation.
--Jacana: The Jacana-1 well was drilled to a depth of 10,900 feet along the same fault trend as the Tigana field, approximately 3.72 miles southwest of the southernmost Tigana well.
Organizations in this story
Parex Resources 585 8 Avenue Southwest Calgary, AB - T2P
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar