Amcor Tobacco Packaging announced today the acquisition of Souza Cruz’s internal tobacco packaging operations located in Cachoeirinha, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil; Souza Cruz is majority-owned by British American Tobacco plc and is the market leader in the Brazilian cigarette market.
The investment is supported by a long-term supply contract between Amcor and Souza Cruz and the business is expected to achieve annual sales of approximately $56 million.
"This acquisition adds a third plant to our Latin American footprint, cementing our position as the only truly global packaging supplier for the tobacco industry," Jerzy Czubak, president of Amcor Tobacco Packaging, said. "Together with our global innovation platforms and exceptional operational capabilities, we are excited by the opportunities our growing footprint presents our customers."
Amcor Tobacco Packaging, a division of Amcor Ltd., is the leading global supplier of folding cartons for the tobacco industry. Recognized for quality and innovation with 23 manufacturing sites in 20 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia, its scale, footprint and packaging expertise enable consistency in quality standards and delivery performance across all operations. The business continues to invest in cutting-edge printing technologies to deliver value-added packaging solutions to customers across a range of industries.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Amcor Tobacco Packaging ?
Next time we write about Amcor Tobacco Packaging, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar