Tigo, a Colombia-based mobile network operator, has tapped Gemalto, the digital security firm, to implement a set of machine-to-machine solutions for its mobile infrastructure.
"Gemalto's MIM Card is now available in the Colombian market for all different vertical applications,” Tigo UNE Commercial Vice President for B2B Santiago Londoño said. “It will help us guarantee a more stable service for a longer term for commercial and industrial applications and help our customers reduce operational costs and prevent potential fraud or failures in service."
In specific, Tigo will be using the Cinterion MIM Services Platform to help improve the signal strength monitoring and localization ability. Other features of the platform include remote module configuration and channel switching optimization.
"With our platform, Tigo is able to deliver best-in-class innovative services for M2M solutions, giving them a clear competitive edge for everything from smart vending machines to connected cars," Gemalto President for Latin America Rodrigo Serna said. "Tigo and Gemalto share a common goal of driving innovation and IoT marketplace expansion, which is expected to grow to 2.1 billion M2M connections by 2020."
Gemalto prides itself on carrying a robust portfolio of tools for securing technology, including cryptographic software to scalable back-office authentication platforms
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?
Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference