CEVA Logistics, a supply chain management companies, has launched Orion Mobility, an application that is part of Orion Transportation Management System (TMS), which will enhance the quality of its services in the Brazilian ground transport market by improving TMS visibility of road trips and providing real-time data to its customers, partners and monitoring team.
The application is an innovation created by CEVA in order to expedite the decision-making process and is a differentiating factor in the Brazil logistics market. Orion Mobility includes the main functionalities required for monitoring, such as a barcode reader, GPS for real-time point-to-point tracking, data collection and mobility services. The application also includes an electronic fence that identifies the vehicle approach, arrival and departure from its destination, control of time and distance, submission of occurrences, automatic alerts and photos to Orion TMS at the end of the trip.
“The tool will provide our customers and partners with a new way to manage their cargo," CEVA Ground Director Macio Vieira said. "With Orion Mobility, we will generate operational databases that are key to increasing the speed of decision-making and to establishing route optimization processes and transport productivity gains."
Organizations in this Story
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar