CEVA Logistics, a supply chain management companies, has launched Orion Mobility, an application that is part of Orion Transportation Management System (TMS), which will enhance the quality of its services in the Brazilian ground transport market by improving TMS visibility of road trips and providing real-time data to its customers, partners and monitoring team.
The application is an innovation created by CEVA in order to expedite the decision-making process and is a differentiating factor in the Brazil logistics market. Orion Mobility includes the main functionalities required for monitoring, such as a barcode reader, GPS for real-time point-to-point tracking, data collection and mobility services. The application also includes an electronic fence that identifies the vehicle approach, arrival and departure from its destination, control of time and distance, submission of occurrences, automatic alerts and photos to Orion TMS at the end of the trip.
“The tool will provide our customers and partners with a new way to manage their cargo," CEVA Ground Director Macio Vieira said. "With Orion Mobility, we will generate operational databases that are key to increasing the speed of decision-making and to establishing route optimization processes and transport productivity gains."
Organizations in this story
CEVA Logistics 10751 Deerwood Park Blvd Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Kurosu & Cía hosts John Deere fair
- Peru's Aceros Arequipa honored with 'Leadership Team Competition of Excellence – 2017'
- Codelco receives top ranking by Chile's Council for Transparency
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices