Albemarle Corporation’s subsidiary Rockwood Litio Limitada was presented with the prestigious 2015 National Mining Society award for its valuable contributions in the lithium industry in Chile.
Albemarle, with operations in La Negra, Chile and Salar de Atacama, Chile, has made significant investments in research and development and production capacity in the region that has helped advance the industry.
"Over the past three decades, we've been focused on developing innovative products and processes to not only satisfy international lithium demand, but to elevate Chile as a world leader in lithium production," Stephen Elgueta, general manager for Albemarle's Chilean operations, said.
The award was presented to Rockwood Lithium on Aug. 28 at an annual banquet in Santiago, Chile. The event was hosted by the National Mining Society and attended by various industry and government representatives, including Chilean President Michelle Bachelet. During the banquet, the company was also among the finalists for the coveted John T. Ryan award due to its exemplary safety record in 2014.
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference