Latin America and the Caribbean Focus was held on Aug. 25, as part of the Stockholm International Water Institute’s (SIWI) 2015 World Water Week, with the presence of high-profile experts and panelists.
The event discussed the future of water in the region, water and sanitation services, specifics of the Declaration of Water and Sanitation as a Human Right and its implications for the sector’s policies and the challenge that nations face in order to meet the new Sustainable Development Targets.
The event is coordinated by the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) through its Water and Sanitation Division, in cooperation with: the Development Bank of Latin America (CAF), Fundación FEMSA, The Nature Conservancy (TNC), Fundación Chile, the Mexican National Water Commission (CONAGUA), the National Association of Water and Sanitation Utilities of Mexico (ANEAS), the Latin American Association of Water and Sanitation Utilities (ALOAS), the Latin American Association of Water and Sanitation Regulators (ADERASA), the Water Center for Latin America and the Caribbean, the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID), the International Water Association (IWA), UN-Water, the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC), The World Bank Group (WB), One Drop, the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the African Ministers Council on Water (AMCOW), and Global Water Partnership (GWP).
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar