Kalmar, part of Cargotec Corp., announced Thursday that it has received an order from Chilean-based Puerto Central, S.A. (PCE) for 24 Kalmar Ottawa T2 terminal tractors and three Kalmar DCG160-12 forklift trucks.
The order is expected to be delivered in November.
"We are delighted to receive this repeat order from PCE as an endorsement of the superior quality products we build and the reliability of Kalmar as a supplier,” Kalmar Brazil Commercial Manager
Alexandre Esse said. “The final commissioning and handover of our RTG cranes, manufactured at Rainbow-Cargotec Industries in China, were done in July on time and according to the original plan. Once again we are committed to delivering state-of-the-art machines which provide a level of productivity and efficiency that meets their needs in this critical next stage of expansion."
With the goal of becoming one of the largest container terminals in Chile, PCE is building a new multipurpose terminal that will allow the port to handle Post-Panamax ships.
"Kalmar's new-generation terminal tractors and forklift trucks are highly reliable products that allow us to start the next phase of our project and ensure its success in the short and long run,” PCE Operations Manager Mauricio Argandona said. “We have a commitment to becoming one of the largest ports in Chile and yet again Kalmar has provided the best equipment solutions in a short delivery time."
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar