Brazil Minerals reported on Tuesday that it has obtained favorable results in the detailed laboratory analysis of its sand for potential use in the fracking industry.
The test was conducted in a laboratory that provides technical analytical services to multinational oil, gas and mining companies and was supervised by an expert with 35 years of experience in the analysis of sand for industrial uses.
The company has access to sand from its dozens of minerals rights areas. Hercules Brasil, a mining subsidiary, recently began to produce and sell three different types of mortar used in the construction industry. Any additional higher margin industrialized sand product will be commercialized by Hercules Brasil as well.
Besides fracking, the other uses for which our sand technically qualifies for includes production of glass
and utilization in foundries and in the chemical industry. Hercules Brasil is exploring the manner in which it could enter the fracking sand provisioning business as well as some of these other areas.
Brazil Minerals is a U.S. holding company with Brazilian mining properties that produce rough diamonds, gold and sand, and a business that manufactures and sells mortar.
Organizations in this story
Brazil Minerals Inc 155 N Lake Ave Pasadena, CA - 91101
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar