Baristas Del Caribe announced that it has acquired exclusive rights to operate Starbucks stores in Puerto Rico through a strategic licensing agreement; the company will leverage its strong local market knowledge to further grow the Starbucks retail business in Puerto Rico.
This decision is the result of more than a decade of brand loyalty and trust.
“We have a long and promising runway for growth in Latin America, and collaborating with local partners is helping us leverage their proven market capabilities to create even greater value for both our customers and partners," Starbucks Latin America Senior Vice President and General Manager Rich Nelsen said. "We are proud to add Baristas Del Caribe to our strong network of licensing partners in Latin America and are confident that their operational excellence, combined with our shared values, will help open up exciting new opportunities ahead."
Starbucks opened its first store in San Juan, Puerto Rico, in 2002 and today has 19 stores across the island, employing more than 340 employees. Upon successful completion of the transaction, Baristas Del Caribe will assume full operational control of Starbucks stores in Puerto Rico, delivering the same exceptional service and high-quality, handcrafted beverages that customers have come to expect. Baristas Del Caribe also plans to accelerate growth by developing new stores over time.
Organizations in this story
Starbucks Latin America Buenos Aires, Argentina Buenos Aires Province
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar