Puerto Rico Medical Tourism Corp. and the Medical Tourism Association (MTA) have announced that the Caribe Hilton and the Condado Plaza Hilton are the first hotel providers on the island to be certified after the training and inspection process under the Medical Tourism Program.
The initiative is part of a strategic plan that selected MTA for the training and certification of entities that provides
complimentary health care and related services to medical tourism patients. The second stage of the certification for hospitality industry was launched in August, with a group of hotels that are serving patients from abroad.
Caribe Hilton and the Condado Plaza trained their executive, financial and administrative staff and their customer service department through the program offered by the Puerto Rico Medical Tourism Corporation and the MTA.
It is expected that during this semester, six hotels will meet the requirements for certification and others will be addedthroughout the year. Also, the Puerto Rico Medical Tourism Corp. has launched aggressive marketing efforts abroad.
The projected development of this industry will create thousands of jobs and inject millions of dollars into Puerto Rico's economy during these next three years.
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar