SolarReserve, a leader in base load solar power solutions and advanced solar thermal technology, has received environmental approval from the Chilean government to advance one of the largest solar projects in the world with energy storage.
Using SolarReserve's proprietary solar thermal energy storage technology, the Copiapó Solar Project will deliver 260 megawatts of reliable, clean, non-intermittent baseload power 24 hours a day to consumers of the central interconnected system.
"SolarReserve is the industry leader in baseload solar power solutions, due to our proprietary solar thermal energy storage technology with over 100 patents," Tom Georgis, SolarReserve's senior vice president of development, said. "This technology realistically has the potential to power the entire country of Chile using two phenomenal Chilean resources -- salt and sun."
As part of SolarReserve's project development Copiapó project, the company collaborates with stakeholders and local communities to guarantee minimal environmental impact.
"One of the fundamental goals for SolarReserve is minimizing the environmental impacts of our projects at every stage -- from site selection and construction, to full operational use," SolarReserve CEO Kevin Smith said. "Sustainability is the focus of our business. Our proprietary solar energy storage technology provides a viable and cost competitive alternative to fossil-based electricity generation, with the potential to meaningfully reduce reliance on fossil fuels and associated carbon pollution that is contributing to climate change."
Organizations in this story
SolarReserve 2425 Olympic Blvd Santa Monica, CA 90404
- Franchise Whales hopes to seed the economy by helping others
- Show support for vets, military by increasing U.S. energy independence, says Latino veteran leader
- How Pilar O’Leary Put Latino Culture on the Map
- Two Latino U.S. senators could have key roles in reforming Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquin Pira quietly makes donations to first responders and patients
- Monterrey gains TI Automotive production plant
- Nitro Quimica picks Eyefreight for logistics support in Brazil
- Pelican BioThermal expands into South America
- Brazil's Embraer signs deal to supply jets to Horizon Air
- Biocept's lung cancer blood test to become more accessible in Mexico