SolarReserve, a leader in base load solar power solutions and advanced solar thermal technology, has received environmental approval from the Chilean government to advance one of the largest solar projects in the world with energy storage.
Using SolarReserve's proprietary solar thermal energy storage technology, the Copiapó Solar Project will deliver 260 megawatts of reliable, clean, non-intermittent baseload power 24 hours a day to consumers of the central interconnected system.
"SolarReserve is the industry leader in baseload solar power solutions, due to our proprietary solar thermal energy storage technology with over 100 patents," Tom Georgis, SolarReserve's senior vice president of development, said. "This technology realistically has the potential to power the entire country of Chile using two phenomenal Chilean resources -- salt and sun."
As part of SolarReserve's project development Copiapó project, the company collaborates with stakeholders and local communities to guarantee minimal environmental impact.
"One of the fundamental goals for SolarReserve is minimizing the environmental impacts of our projects at every stage -- from site selection and construction, to full operational use," SolarReserve CEO Kevin Smith said. "Sustainability is the focus of our business. Our proprietary solar energy storage technology provides a viable and cost competitive alternative to fossil-based electricity generation, with the potential to meaningfully reduce reliance on fossil fuels and associated carbon pollution that is contributing to climate change."
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about SolarReserve ?
Next time we write about SolarReserve, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar