MPH Ventures' purchase of 20 percent of Travelucion has been delayed until Sept. 30 in a mutual agreement between the two companies.
Travelucion, an online travel and media firm with a focus on international trips, has been a major player in popularizing the rise of Cuban tourism after the official reconciliation of relations between the United States and Cuba.
MPH Ventures is acquiring its stake in Travelucion in exchange for $100,000 and an undisclosed amount of common share stock from the company. With this purchase, MPH Ventures is gaining an online partner on the Cuban island with a reputable portfolio of over 430 web properties representing major tourist destinations, Cuban culture and financial institutions. Together, Travelucion’s online holdings host 30 million page-views per year, in addition to company’s prolific presence on social media.
With partners on both sides of fence, Travelucion’s position will allow the firm to fully incorporate the incoming tourism to the island’s economics centers smoothly. With the firm’s assistance, and its new mobile and web-based platforms, travelers using the Travelucion system will be able to book stays in private Cuban residences, sign up for adventure tours and reserve a seat in one of the world class restaurants hidden from the world for so many years.
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices
- U.S. State Department official outlines situation in Venezuela
- Volvo' developing self-steering truck in Brazil sugar cane field
- Mauro Libi Crestani's Casa Hogar Foundation celebrates ninth year in Venezuela