BioLight Life Sciences Investments Ltd. today announced the first sale of the IOPtiMate system to a medical center in Peru.
The IOPtiMate system is based on CO2 laser technology that allows the performance of a filtration surgery to treat glaucoma without penetrating the inner part of the eyeball, considerably reducing post-operative complications.
The IOPtiMate system has been mainly marketed to leading physicians and medical centers in Asia and Europe. These marketing efforts have resulted in the sales of the IOPtiMate system in Hong Kong, Poland, Hungary and Romania. BioLight is now focused on markets with unmet needs for improved solutions to treat glaucoma and negotiating additional distribution agreements in South and Central America.
BioLight invests in, manages and commercializes biomedical innovations grouped around defined medical conditions -- ophthalmology and cancer diagnostics.
The ophthalmic technologies include IOPtiMate, a laser-based non-invasive surgical treatment for glaucoma; TeaRx, a point-of-care multi-parameter diagnostic test for dry eye syndrome; Eye-D, a controlled release drug-delivery insert platform and a new technology a drug-delivery platform for the improvement of ocular molecule transmission; and OphRx, a drug-delivery technology platform for ocular uses.
The cancer diagnostic technologies include proprietary tests that are designated for bladder, cervical, multiple myeloma and other cancers.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about BioLight Life Sciences Investments Ltd ?
Next time we write about BioLight Life Sciences Investments Ltd, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar