Colin Liebich from BAE Audio recently shared his insights about equipment application and selection with the VonKelemen Foundation’s students in Latin America.
VonKelemen is an online learning center that launched its programs in 2011. Every two months, it offers a “Master Series” for its students involved in the music industry.
"All our programs are online — this is the most efficient way for us to make a big impact in Latin America,"
Executive Director Ángel Vidal said. "This year, we are granting full scholarships for students in sound engineering, music production and composition."
he was very impressed by the quality of their work, giving the students a 9-plus on a scale of 1 to 10. He said they were all very driven and eager to learn, and that it was great to see the class had a measurable impact.
“I really liked the program here and it was economically accessible for me to complete," Vidal said. "There are many people who are passionate about these fields as a potential career choice, but they often do not have the resources needed to fulfill their education. That is why VonKelemen grants these scholarships, so people have the opportunity to study what they want. Our industry in Latin America needs more trained professionals, including studio and live sound engineers.
"The students are very touched — not just from the tech side, but they are challenged to do what they want to do, to follow their dreams,” he said. “The experience is truly inspirational.”
Organizations in this story
BAE Systems London, England
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices
- U.S. State Department official outlines situation in Venezuela
- Volvo' developing self-steering truck in Brazil sugar cane field
- Mauro Libi Crestani's Casa Hogar Foundation celebrates ninth year in Venezuela