Colin Liebich from BAE Audio recently shared his insights about equipment application and selection with the VonKelemen Foundation’s students in Latin America.
VonKelemen is an online learning center that launched its programs in 2011. Every two months, it offers a “Master Series” for its students involved in the music industry.
"All our programs are online — this is the most efficient way for us to make a big impact in Latin America,"
Executive Director Ángel Vidal said. "This year, we are granting full scholarships for students in sound engineering, music production and composition."
he was very impressed by the quality of their work, giving the students a 9-plus on a scale of 1 to 10. He said they were all very driven and eager to learn, and that it was great to see the class had a measurable impact.
“I really liked the program here and it was economically accessible for me to complete," Vidal said. "There are many people who are passionate about these fields as a potential career choice, but they often do not have the resources needed to fulfill their education. That is why VonKelemen grants these scholarships, so people have the opportunity to study what they want. Our industry in Latin America needs more trained professionals, including studio and live sound engineers.
"The students are very touched — not just from the tech side, but they are challenged to do what they want to do, to follow their dreams,” he said. “The experience is truly inspirational.”
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about BAE Systems ?
Next time we write about BAE Systems, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar