ETL Systems, a worldwide designer and producer of RF distribution equipment specifically for satellite communications, has announced that it will display its RF technologies at the 2015 SET Expo in Brazil.
Telefonica is using ETL’s Vortex L-band switch matrix/router system to modify the company’s current teleport RF equipment. This Vortex matrix will be used to expand the company’s current system, allowing Telefonica to expand along with its RF switching requirements.
Vortex solution offers resilience with dual redundant power supplies as well as CPUs. If Vortex fails, all of its active components can be exchanged without shutting down the service of the unit. Operators can fully monitor and control the system remotely using a web browser interface.
ETL’s sitcom products that will be displayed at SET will include the StingRay RF over Fibre range, as it is the most compact fibre chassis currently available on the market. It is the first of its kind of use hot-swap power supply units (PSU) within a 1U RF over Fibre chassis. This means that StingRay can handle the increasing number of satellite teleports that need reliable short distance fibre links.
After receiving an order from Telefonica, the Chilean branch of one of the biggest telecommunications companies in the world, ETL has decided to expand further into the LATAM market.
- Kurosu & Cía hosts John Deere fair
- Peru's Aceros Arequipa honored with 'Leadership Team Competition of Excellence – 2017'
- Codelco receives top ranking by Chile's Council for Transparency
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices