With the Rio 2016 Olympic Games one year away, Panasonic Brazil (PANABRAS) announced that they have signed an agreement with Panasonic Corporation to be the official technology partner for Rio de Janeiro’s Sugarloaf Mountain.
As part of the agreement, Panasonic is providing projectors, televisions, LED screens, digital signage systems and other equipment to be permanently installed at Sugarloaf Mountain.
“We’re going to update the audio and visual solutions of this Rio de Janeiro landmark,” Michikazu Matsushita, president of PANABRAS, said.
PANABRAS will be holding various events at Sugarloaf Mountain during the Olympic Games and Panasonic will be sponsoring a number of Brazilian athletes, including swimmer Felipe França; beach volleyball duo Juliana Silva and Maria Elisa Antonelli; and Daniel Dias, two-time winner of the Laureus World Sportsperson of the Year with a Disability.
Serving as PANABRAS’s ambassador for Rio 2016 Olympic activities will be volleyball icon Maurício Lima, who helped lead the Brazilian men’s volleyball team to Olympic gold in 1992 and 2004.
In addition to the sponsorship deal, Panasonic launched a special website that features these athletes along with Neymar da Silva Santos Junior, who serves as a global ambassador for Panasonic.
Panasonic Corporation is a leader in the development of electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, enterprise solutions and device industries.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Panasonic Brazil ?
Next time we write about Panasonic Brazil, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference