Canacol Energy Ltd. recently released an update about its production and drilling that shows that it has made a light oil discovery in Ecuador.
The update includes information about the company’s drilling and product operations based in Colombia as well. As of today, the production rates from July and Aug. 2015 have shown significant increase compared to the production rates from June 2015.
"Canacol remains focused on three objectives for calendar 2015: to ensure that the project to add 65 mmscfpd of new natural gas production remains on track to deliver for Dec. 2015, to continue to invest in and increase tariff oil production in Ecuador where netbacks are not sensitive to global oil prices, and to lower operating cost and execute low cost well workovers to maintain light oil production on the LLA23 block with the highest possible margin,” Charle Gamba, president and CEO of Canacol, said. “In this cycle of low global oil prices, the strategy that we embarked on three years ago to diversify our production base to include Colombian natural gas production and Ecuador fixed tariff production, both insensitive to global oil prices, is yielding very obvious benefits. In the meantime, we remain well capitalized with approximately U.S. $45 million of current unrestricted cash, and an additional $25 million of undrawn debt."
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Canacol Energy Ltd ?
Next time we write about Canacol Energy Ltd, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference