Leading journalists in Ecuador recently received awards at the annual awards ceremony hosted by the School of Journalism at Universidad de Las Americas.
This year’s recipients were Roberto Omar Machado and Janet Hinostrozathe. They received awards honoring their professional contributions and achievements in the journalism field.
Roberto Omar Machado was born into the journal industry, as his father was Carlos Efrain Machado. He has spent most of career as an active participant in supporting and promoting soccer in the nation. Machado is the director of Mach Deportes -- a popular sports radio station in Ecuador -- a sports journalist and a contributor to Mas Futbol, a Teleamazonas channel in Ecuador.
Janet Hinostrozathe is the director of 180 Degree Productions. She is a leading in the field of investigative journalism. Her reputation for hard work and tenacity have been earned in Colombia and Ecuador. She has spent many years in the journalism field, and now she directs as well as hosts 30 Minutes Plus.
Today, she is one of the leading television interviewers in Ecuador. She has written columns for several radio shows as well as newspapers. Most recently, she filmed a documentary, “Nelson Serrano, I Am Innocent,” which experts see as one of the most important professional accomplishments of her career.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Universidad de Las Americas ?
Next time we write about Universidad de Las Americas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference