Ericsson recently announced that it will acquire the assets of Icon Americas, a consulting and systems integration company based in Guatemala.
An estimated 250 employees as well as consultants will be part of the Ericsson Acquisition. This move serves to increase the company’s service portfolio, especially application maintenance and development, in Latin America. Icon Americas focuses on billing and charging with top telecom operators.
"IT services is an area of strategic importance to Ericsson -- not just in Latin America but globally,” Sergio Quiroga da Cunha, head of Ericsson's Latin America and Caribbean region, said. “The acquisition of Icon Americas will improve our ability to provide IT and ADM services to customers in Latin America, thereby strengthening our end-to-end position in OSS/BSS."
allow Ericsson to provide better OSS/BSS solutions to its customers
throughout Latin America. The company will especially benefit from the
experience of Icon Americas’ employees, some of whom have worked for
several years with telecom customers located throughout the area.
"We are excited to be joining the Ericsson team as its global scale and presence enable us to apply our expertise to a much wider range of customers,” Icon Americas Founder and CEO Hugo Cruz said.
The acquisition is scheduled to be completed within the third quarter of 2015. It is still subject to the customary closing conditions.
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar