Executive Vice President of Sales for the Americas Marko Wittich has assumed the functions of president and general manager at SMA Solar Technology AG.
In addition to his role as executive vice president, Wittich has assumed the president and general manager responsibilities for SMA’s U.S.-based subsidiary, leading all product sales and marketing activities in North America.
Wittich’s focus is on SMA’s strategic growth in thee residential, commercial, off-grid/hybrid and utility-scale PV market segments of the U.S. and Canada. He is also tasked with increasing SMA’s presence in Latin America, specifically in Mexico, Chile and Brazil.
“North America has consistently been one of our strongest markets, with SMA America producing robust sales figures year over year,” Pierre-Pascal Urbon, CEO and chief financial officer of SMA Solar Technology AG, said. “Marko has the experience, passion and drive to further propel SMA America as the market and technology leader in the U.S. and Canada, as well as in emerging markets in Latin America.”
Before joining SMA, Wittich was the managing director of the Asia region for the Minimax Viking Group, a global leader in fire detection and suppression systems based in Bad Oldesloe, Germany.
SMA is system technology specialist that has been developing and distributing high-quality PV inverters and innovative technology for intelligent energy management for over 30 years
Organizations in this story
SMA Solar Technology Niestetal, Germany Niestetal, HE
- Kurosu & Cía hosts John Deere fair
- Peru's Aceros Arequipa honored with 'Leadership Team Competition of Excellence – 2017'
- Codelco receives top ranking by Chile's Council for Transparency
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices