The U.S. Trade and Development Agency awarded a $356,920 grant to the Companhia de Processamento de Dados do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil's state information technology company on Friday.
The grant will provide technical assistance to help the company develop a roadmap to expand the state’s fiber and wireless broadband network, and to modernize its existing data center.
“This project builds upon the efforts of Brazilian state information technology companies to modernize and expand their IT services,” USTDA Regional Director Nathan Younge said. “The grant highlights how our countries can cooperate to improve digital inclusion throughout Brazil.”
The assistance will deliver a strategy to expand the state’s existing hybrid fiber and wireless broadband network in order to provide connectivity and e-government services throughout the southern state of Rio Grande do Sul.
The project includes the development of data center specifications, a statewide hybrid broadband network architecture, and implementation plans for the modernization of both the data center and broadband network. It will also evaluate new business models that the company can apply.
This project builds on previous USTDA efforts to support IT modernization across Brazil, including ongoing technical assistance with the state of Sergipe.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about U.S. Trade and Development Agency ?
Next time we write about U.S. Trade and Development Agency, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference