The container terminal at the Port of Suape in Pernambuco, which is Northeast of Brazil, has invested in Cisco technology for optimized operations that it hopes will ultimately increase network availability, reduce costs and streamline processes.
"Upgrading our network and IP communications with Cisco technology enabled us to reduce the delay, improving communication between sectors and reducing unnecessary costs and displacement," Diogo Santos, senior infrastructure supervisor at Tecon Suape, said.
Tecon Suape is one of the main terminals located at the Port of Suape, one of the busiest in the Northeast region of Brazil. With an area of 380 thousand square meters, the terminal holds container and general cargo operations, and offers a comprehensive monitoring system tool providing essential customs services for both importers and exporters. They’re part of the Philippine group International Container Terminal Service Inc., present in over 20 countries.
Cisco’s project included the replacement of the old analog PBX system, and network segmentation. In addition to the Cisco BE6000 platform integrated with IP Communicator and Jabber (Cisco collaboration applications), Tecon also installed Cisco Unified IP Phone system, since the infrastructure is enabled to run on Cisco Unified Computing System server (UCS).
For the network infrastructure, they implemented Cisco Catalyst switches combined with the Cisco Prime management tool. The integrated packaged, combining the Prime LAN Management Solutions and the Cisco Prime Network Control System technologies, allowed increased traffic capacity reaching 10GB, ease Wi-Fi management and simplified monitoring.
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference