ABB, a power and automation technology group, in a joint project with Enertiva Energia Alternativa, has been the inverter supplier for a solar installation on the roof of the Costa Rican Estadio Alejandro Morera Soto, home of the La Liga Deportiva Alajuelense football club.
The system is expected to generate nearly 400,000 kWh annually. La Liga Deportiva Alajuelense estimates the solar panel will result in annual electricity savings of approximately $148,000.
“We are extremely honored to have been part of such a prestigious project in Costa Rica,” Paolo Casini, vice president of marketing product group solar of ABB’s Power Conversion business unit, said. “This is very special for us. ABB inverters have been selected for their combination of excellent quality and performance in Costa Rica’s high temperatures. We are very pleased that ABB inverters are a part of such an iconic football structure as ‘La Catedral.’”
The solar installation was completed in less than three months and is fully operational. The rooftop system meets 100 percent of the stadium’s electricity needs.
“We decided to work with ABB and its Power Conversion business since they have the breadth of product portfolio that we required for this project,” Alejandro Brenes, CEO of Enertiva Costa Rica, said. “In addition, ABB, with its worldwide reach, has its own office in Costa Rica, so we received the perfect combination of great products and in-depth expertise and service, all from a top tier, and highly bankable provider.”
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Enertiva Energia Alternativa ?
Next time we write about Enertiva Energia Alternativa, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar