Corporacion del Sur, S.A., a member of Pellas Development Group, in association with the Nicaragua Tourism Board, on Tuesday announced the opening of Nicaragua's Costa Esmeralda Airport.
Starting Nov. 2015, the new airport will begin service for international private jets and commercial flights from both Managua’s Augusto C. Sandino International Airport and Costa Rica’s Liberia International Airport.
“The arrival of Costa Esmeralda Airport will introduce the country to a global audience seeking new adventures and serve as a direct route to our majestic coast,” Don Carlos Pellas, owner of Pellas Development Group, said. “It will reduce transfer time from Managua and Costa Rica, supporting Nicaragua’s flourishing tourism, which is essential to the country’s development.”
The airport was developed in conjunction with the Nicaraguan government and Nicaraguan entrepreneur and philanthropist Don Carlos Pellas.
The single terminal airport was built on a new site five miles north of Guacalito de la Isla in the department of Rivas. The 5,000-foot runway, designed by Thomas Chastain of T.H. Chastain Engineering PLLC of New York, will accommodate ATR-42, ATR-72, Gulfstream V jets and most turboprop planes.
The airport was built by a joint venture of local Nicaraguan contractors D’Guerrero Ings, Lansa S.A. y Pavinicsa S.A.
Costa Esmeralda Airport will house a Customs Department and a duty-free shop.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Pellas Development Group ?
Next time we write about Pellas Development Group, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference