BG Group's floating, production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel Cidade de Itaguai recently began producing oil in the Santos Basin off the shore of Brazil.
Based 149 miles off the shore of Rio de Janeiro, the Cidade de Itaguai is the British exploration and liquefied natural gas (LNG) company's sixth unit in production in the basin.
It will produce in the Iracema North area, which is near the Lula field in the Petrobras-operated BM-S-11 block.
The Cidade de Itaguai is the second FPSO leased and deployed within the Iracema development. It is expected to double BG Group's gross production capacity, bringing it to 300,000 barrels of oil each day.
The vessel has the capacity to store approximately 1.6 million barrels of oil and can process 150,000 barrels each day.
BG Group has a 25 percent interest in Block BM-S-11, as well as 30 percent interest in Block BM-S-9.
The company's diverse portfolio focuses on gas and oil exploration and production as well as LNG. The company is active in more than 20 countries on five continents.
Organizations in this story
BG Group 100 Thames Valley Park Drive Reading Berkshire RG6 1PT UK
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar