Via Direta Telecom, a subsidiary of TV and radio broadcast group Rede Tiradentes de Telecomunicacoes, chose the iDirect Evolution platform from VT iDirect Inc., a company of Vision Technologies Systems Inc.
"Implementing a complex network in such a challenging environment as the middle of the Amazon forest presents unique engineering issues, such as atmospheric attenuation,” Adriano Chagas, director of engineering for Via Direta Telecom, said. “The use of iDirect's Remote Commissioning Solution will help us overcome challenges to streamline installation, while the capabilities of the iDirect Evolution platform will help us continually improve the efficiency of the network going forward.”
The new platform will allow Via Direta Telecom to provide the biggest, most ambitious distance-learning program that has ever been developed in Brazil.
"Government data shows that only about one-third of all children in Brazil make it to the sixth grade,” Rob Kilroy,
iDirect's regional vice president of sales, said. “This distance-learning program will be a powerful step forward in changing these dynamics, and we thank Via Direta for making us part of this program. Beyond education, access to high-speed broadband will also introduce a world of new social and economic capabilities to the residents of Brazil that will change the quality of life for generations to come.”
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about VT iDirect Inc ?
Next time we write about VT iDirect Inc, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar