The high performance fabric brands of Safety Components Inc., Armor AP and Glide, have been selected as the fabrics of choice to protect Chile's approximately 40,000 volunteer firefighters.
The central government will assist in the funding to provide firefighters with these next-level personal protective garments.
“The Republic of Chile has a proud tradition of volunteer service, and these volunteer firefighters are as well trained and professional as any in the world. They, too, deserve the best in personal protective equipment,” Safety Components Vice President of Sales and Marketing Joey Underwood said. “At Safety Components we listen to the fire service, and devote every resource at our disposal to improving the performance of turnout gear with our outer shells and thermal liners. Our entire team would like to salute the central government of the Republic of Chile, their volunteer firefighters and the team at Lion Apparel for their faith and dedication in our products.”
Over the next three years, approximately 6,000 Chilean firefighters will be wearing this new turnout gear.
The garments, which will be designed and manufactured by Lion Apparel, will combine an Armor AP outer shell, offering improved flexibility and enhanced heat and thermal protection with a Glide thermal liner for a cooler and more comfortable feel. The gear weighs less and will help the men and women firefighters to move quicker while reducing heat stress.
Organizations in this Story
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar