The official opening of Raizen's expanded Costa Pinto sugar cane mill in Piracicaba, Sao Paulo, Brazil last week also marked the first large-scale commercial implementation of Iogen Energy's cellulosic ethanol technology.
The facility converts biomass into advanced, second generation cellulosic biofuel.
“The production of second generation ethanol from sugarcane bagasse is the realization of a dream for the country,” Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff said during the facility's dedication. “The collaboration between the state and Raizen is part of the government''s commitment to ethanol production as a strategic measure for economic development."
A leading developer of cellulosic biofuel technology, Iogen joined Raizen, one of the world''s largest producers of sugarcane ethanol, in building the $105 million advanced biofuel facility. It was completed on time and on budget in December 2014.
"We are very excited to have successfully completed this milestone event proving the commercial viability of cellulosic biofuels," Iogen CEO Brian Foody said. "This initiative represents a significant success story for our company. We have a great team of engineers, scientists and operators who've been working tirelessly with Raizen's own excellent team. It has been a great partnership and we're very pleased to be collaborating with a major ethanol industry player and committed partner like Raizen.”
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Raizen Energia S.A. ?
Next time we write about Raizen Energia S.A., we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference