Daimler Buses recently announced that it has receive large orders for urban buses to be sent to large cities in Latin America.
Daimler has provided Salvador, Brazil, with a delivery of 180 Mercedes-Benz bus chassis for the area’s plan to renew its urban public transportation fleet. This brings Daimler’s total of Mercedes-Benz buses sold to local Salvador operators to 430 since the third quarter of 2014.
In addition, Daimler has received more important orders for buses in Latin America. One of these orders includes a request for 40 new buses for Quito, Ecuador’s new Bus Rapid Transit. This makes Daimler the market leader for buses in Brazil. The Mercedes-Benz bus articulated bus chassis are known for being durable and versatile, factors that are crucial in Quito, which has steep grades on its streets.
Despite the challenging market environment, Daimler has raised its market share with Brazil. Now the company has 52.9 percent of the Brazilian bus market within just the first half of 2015. Last year, the company’s shares amounted to 45.6 percent.
“The orders show that our buses are popular even in the current difficult market environment of Latin America,” Hartmut Schick, head of Daimler Buses, said. “With their quality, safety and robustness, our Mercedes-Benz bus chassis precisely meet the requirements of our customers in Latin America's urban passenger transport sector.”
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Daimler ?
Next time we write about Daimler, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference