Mirasol Resources Ltd recently expanded its Curahue gold-silver vein prospect in Santa Cruz, Argentina based on positive exploration findings.
Part of the company's Claudia Project, the prospect is next to the AngloGold Ashanti Cerro Vanguardia gold mine.
Recent explorations of the area showed a large-scale, epithermal gold-silver vein system with six vein trends outlined so far. It extends nearly 10 miles.
The Curahue prospect is one part of a large-scale undrilled epithermal gold-silver prospect south of the mine pits at Cerro Vanguardia. This system was not fully recognized until 2011 because of a thin post-mineral gravel cover that made it difficult to see the prospect from an aerial view.
A trench dug through gravel-covered resistivity anomalies showed broad, intermittent veining zones. The channel sample assays vary between 5.9 g/t Au and 120 g/t Ag.
The company also found signs of more large veins that may be mineralized. This was deduced from a length of resistivity anomalies found in areas covered with gravel.
In April 2012, Mirasol first announced that it discovered the Curahue vein system and started its first explorations. Further explorations were finished by the end of 2013, giving the company a better understanding of the vein system’s scale.
Organizations in this Story
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar