Solarcentury, one of the world’s longest-standing solar companies, and Hybrytec, a leading solar energy market in Colombia, partnered to create and install Colombia’s largest roof photovoltaic (PV) solar system.
“Once the cost of the system has been paid, Exito will enjoy completely free solar energy to power the supermarket over the expected lifetime of 30-40 years,” Jose Miguel Ferrer, head of business development for Latin America at Solarcentury, said. “Cutting energy bills by about a quarter for this period is an attractive prospect for any business. We will continue to work closely with Hybrytec to help more businesses reduce their energy bills and cut carbon emissions.”
Experts have reported that the solar roof system, which was installed at
Exito’s Barranquilla store, has decreased energy demand by 24 percent.
“As a local company, we have a deep understanding of the local solar market and are therefore well placed to work with businesses to help them benefit from solar,” Hybrytec CEO Camilo Jaramillo said. “We believe there is a huge growing awareness of the opportunity for solar in Colombia to help meet ever-increasing demands for power and also help businesses cut their energy bills. We look forward to working with Solarcentury on more solar projects, in Colombia and the wider region. We share a common long-term shareholder, Grupo ECOS, which brings stability and consistency to our working relationship and contributes to the success of our projects.”
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Solarcentury ?
Next time we write about Solarcentury, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference