Harris Corporation and CPqD, a private organization that specializes in communications and information technologies, recently received a contract to support the Brazilian Air Force air traffic control (ATC).
The contract, which will last for two years, obligates the organization to offer on-site operations support as well as a monitor and control system for the ATC network.
"Harris provides highly secure and reliable communications solutions to customers in more than 125 countries around the world, including the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration's nationwide communications network," Reinaldo Rezende, president of Harris Brazil, said. "We are committed to bringing new technologies and capabilities to Brazil as it continues to expand and upgrade its communications infrastructure."
allows the network’s operations center personnel to monitor the
Brazilian Airspace Control System equipment, such as navigation,
surveillance and communications systems. Running these operations
remotely enables personnel to accurately and efficiently locate and
isolate the outages of the network. Now employees can also begin repairs
in the network without wasting time and productivity.
"CPqD has extensive experience implementing operational support systems for telecommunications companies in Brazil as well as many other Latin American countries,” CPqD President Sebastião Sahão Junior said. "It is this experience, coupled with our field proven solution, which we will employ to more efficiently manage Brazilian airspace."
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Harris Corporation ?
Next time we write about Harris Corporation, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar