Harris Corporation and CPqD, a private organization that specializes in communications and information technologies, recently received a contract to support the Brazilian Air Force air traffic control (ATC).
The contract, which will last for two years, obligates the organization to offer on-site operations support as well as a monitor and control system for the ATC network.
"Harris provides highly secure and reliable communications solutions to customers in more than 125 countries around the world, including the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration's nationwide communications network," Reinaldo Rezende, president of Harris Brazil, said. "We are committed to bringing new technologies and capabilities to Brazil as it continues to expand and upgrade its communications infrastructure."
allows the network’s operations center personnel to monitor the
Brazilian Airspace Control System equipment, such as navigation,
surveillance and communications systems. Running these operations
remotely enables personnel to accurately and efficiently locate and
isolate the outages of the network. Now employees can also begin repairs
in the network without wasting time and productivity.
"CPqD has extensive experience implementing operational support systems for telecommunications companies in Brazil as well as many other Latin American countries,” CPqD President Sebastião Sahão Junior said. "It is this experience, coupled with our field proven solution, which we will employ to more efficiently manage Brazilian airspace."
Organizations in this story
Harris Corporation 9086 Junction Dr Annapolis, MD 21401
- Franchise Whales hopes to seed the economy by helping others
- Show support for vets, military by increasing U.S. energy independence, says Latino veteran leader
- How Pilar O’Leary Put Latino Culture on the Map
- Two Latino U.S. senators could have key roles in reforming Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquin Pira quietly makes donations to first responders and patients
- Monterrey gains TI Automotive production plant
- Nitro Quimica picks Eyefreight for logistics support in Brazil
- Pelican BioThermal expands into South America
- Brazil's Embraer signs deal to supply jets to Horizon Air
- Biocept's lung cancer blood test to become more accessible in Mexico