FalconStor Software Inc., a provider of software-defined storage solutions and innovations for the past 15 years, recently announced that Computacao e Comunicacao, C&C, has started to use FreeStor to expand C&C’s recovery services throughout its geographically diverse datacenters.
"Because we are an IBM Business Partner, our equipment is IBM," C&C Operations Manager Athanasios Vacopoulos said. "But we know there are new players in the market offering better pricing, improved performance or different characteristics, such as flash or SSD. I'm interested in mixing these environments based on our needs. I know that FreeStor can combine different boxes with different capabilities. FreeStor is the right way to go."
C&C, a supplier of business-critical services for small and
medium-sized businesses throughout Brazil, chose FreeStor for its
converged, single, hardware-agnostic data services software platform.
The new platform operates across modern, legacy and virtual
"It isn't always easy to break free from a vendor that you've worked with for more than 20 years and implement a new approach to data services like FreeStor," Gary Quinn, FalconStor president and CEO, said. "But, perhaps the best part of C&C's decision to utilize FreeStor, is that they don't have to completely abandon their legacy infrastructure. We've designed FreeStor to allow the migration of data efficiently across heterogeneous platforms with minimal effort and maximum peace of mind. We're pleased that C&C has chosen FreeStor to modernize their existing infrastructure while at the same time improving their disaster recovery services to their customers."
Organizations in this story
FalconStor Software Inc 2 Huntington Quadrangle Melville, NY - 11747
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar