Crowley Maritime Corporation has acquired 16 additional ISO tanks that will be used to supply, transport and distribute liquefied natural gas (LNG) from the United States to Puerto Rico.
The acquisition was in response to high customer demand. The 40-foot tanks, which hold 10,700 gallons of LNG each, now feature technological improvements that increase the offroad rate.
“Adding ISO tanks to our equipment fleet for our established business not only allows us to meet heightened customer demand, but also to continue delivering an uninterrupted supply of LNG to these regions,” Crowley Vice President Greg Buffington said. “And the improved offloading performance reduces the amount of time required to transfer the fuel from tank to the storage unit, adding to overall efficiency. It is our pleasure to play a pivotal role in supplying a cost-effective, safe, reliable and environmentally friendly natural gas fuel to customers.”
This move comes just one year after Crowley’s Carib Energy was granted a 20-year, small-scale U.S. Department of Energy export license for the supply, transportation and distribution of LNG into Non-Free Trade Agreement countries in the Caribbean, Central and South America.
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference