Crowley Maritime Corporation has acquired 16 additional ISO tanks that will be used to supply, transport and distribute liquefied natural gas (LNG) from the United States to Puerto Rico.
The acquisition was in response to high customer demand. The 40-foot tanks, which hold 10,700 gallons of LNG each, now feature technological improvements that increase the offroad rate.
“Adding ISO tanks to our equipment fleet for our established business not only allows us to meet heightened customer demand, but also to continue delivering an uninterrupted supply of LNG to these regions,” Crowley Vice President Greg Buffington said. “And the improved offloading performance reduces the amount of time required to transfer the fuel from tank to the storage unit, adding to overall efficiency. It is our pleasure to play a pivotal role in supplying a cost-effective, safe, reliable and environmentally friendly natural gas fuel to customers.”
This move comes just one year after Crowley’s Carib Energy was granted a 20-year, small-scale U.S. Department of Energy export license for the supply, transportation and distribution of LNG into Non-Free Trade Agreement countries in the Caribbean, Central and South America.
- Franchise Whales hopes to seed the economy by helping others
- Show support for vets, military by increasing U.S. energy independence, says Latino veteran leader
- How Pilar O’Leary Put Latino Culture on the Map
- Two Latino U.S. senators could have key roles in reforming Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquin Pira quietly makes donations to first responders and patients
- Monterrey gains TI Automotive production plant
- Nitro Quimica picks Eyefreight for logistics support in Brazil
- Pelican BioThermal expands into South America
- Brazil's Embraer signs deal to supply jets to Horizon Air
- Biocept's lung cancer blood test to become more accessible in Mexico