Ecopetrol S.A. recently made an announcement to report on the decisions that have been made by its board of directors during a meeting on July 17 of this year.
The board has chosen to accept Gonzalo Restrepo Lopez’s resignation. He served as a member as well as a chairman of the company’s board of directors.
The board has granted special recognition of Restrepo’s service when he was a chairman. He used his unique managerial, human and leadership qualities to serve Ecopetrol to the best of his abilities. He chose to leave the company to join the government’s negotiating team in Havana for the peace process, and Ecopetrol wishes him the best of success.
Now Luis Fernando Ramirez, who is an independent director, is the new chairman of Ecopetrol’s doard. Hector Manosalva Rojas, who is an engineer and also the vice president of development and production at Ecopetrol, is the second alternative president. Juliana Alban has been chosen as the corporate vice president of compliance -- a unit that Ecopetrol recently created within its organizational structure to guarantee high compliance and internal controls standards -- which includes the duties of the company’s compliance officer.
Ecopetrol is the biggest Colombian company to integrate gas and oil.
Organizations in this story
Ecopetrol S.A. Bogota - Bogotá, Colombia Bogota, Bogota
- Franchise Whales hopes to seed the economy by helping others
- Show support for vets, military by increasing U.S. energy independence, says Latino veteran leader
- How Pilar O’Leary Put Latino Culture on the Map
- Two Latino U.S. senators could have key roles in reforming Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquin Pira quietly makes donations to first responders and patients
- Monterrey gains TI Automotive production plant
- Nitro Quimica picks Eyefreight for logistics support in Brazil
- Pelican BioThermal expands into South America
- Brazil's Embraer signs deal to supply jets to Horizon Air
- Biocept's lung cancer blood test to become more accessible in Mexico