Ecopetrol S.A. recently made an announcement to report on the decisions that have been made by its board of directors during a meeting on July 17 of this year.
The board has chosen to accept Gonzalo Restrepo Lopez’s resignation. He served as a member as well as a chairman of the company’s board of directors.
The board has granted special recognition of Restrepo’s service when he was a chairman. He used his unique managerial, human and leadership qualities to serve Ecopetrol to the best of his abilities. He chose to leave the company to join the government’s negotiating team in Havana for the peace process, and Ecopetrol wishes him the best of success.
Now Luis Fernando Ramirez, who is an independent director, is the new chairman of Ecopetrol’s doard. Hector Manosalva Rojas, who is an engineer and also the vice president of development and production at Ecopetrol, is the second alternative president. Juliana Alban has been chosen as the corporate vice president of compliance -- a unit that Ecopetrol recently created within its organizational structure to guarantee high compliance and internal controls standards -- which includes the duties of the company’s compliance officer.
Ecopetrol is the biggest Colombian company to integrate gas and oil.
Organizations in this story
Ecopetrol S.A. Bogota - Bogotá, Colombia Bogota, Bogota
- Kurosu & Cía hosts John Deere fair
- Peru's Aceros Arequipa honored with 'Leadership Team Competition of Excellence – 2017'
- Codelco receives top ranking by Chile's Council for Transparency
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices