Ecopetrol S.A. recently made an announcement to report on the decisions that have been made by its board of directors during a meeting on July 17 of this year.
The board has chosen to accept Gonzalo Restrepo Lopez’s resignation. He served as a member as well as a chairman of the company’s board of directors.
The board has granted special recognition of Restrepo’s service when he was a chairman. He used his unique managerial, human and leadership qualities to serve Ecopetrol to the best of his abilities. He chose to leave the company to join the government’s negotiating team in Havana for the peace process, and Ecopetrol wishes him the best of success.
Now Luis Fernando Ramirez, who is an independent director, is the new chairman of Ecopetrol’s doard. Hector Manosalva Rojas, who is an engineer and also the vice president of development and production at Ecopetrol, is the second alternative president. Juliana Alban has been chosen as the corporate vice president of compliance -- a unit that Ecopetrol recently created within its organizational structure to guarantee high compliance and internal controls standards -- which includes the duties of the company’s compliance officer.
Ecopetrol is the biggest Colombian company to integrate gas and oil.
Organizations in this Story
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar