The floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel Cidade de Marica docked safely at the Brasa shipyard in Niteroi-Rio, Brazil on July 9, SBM Offshore recently said.
The SBM Offshore vessel arrived in Brazilian waters in mid-June, following her 10,625 nautical mile voyage from China where conversion work was completed.
“The arrival of FPSO Cidade de Marica to Brasa represents a newsworthy milestone for SBM Offshore and a further step on the road to delivery,” Project Director John Perkins said. "It demonstrates SBM’s effective global project management for her conversion, which is being jointly conducted from our regional centers in Holland, Monaco and Brazil."
FPSO Cidade de Marica is one of two identical FPSOs being constructed from the blueprint for FPSO Cidade de Ilhabela, the mother ship, which sailed from Brasa to commence production in November 2014.
The vessel ultimately will be sent to the Lula field in the pre-salt province offshore of Brazil, as part of a consortium that includes Petrobras, a multinational energy company headquartered in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
“We are happy with the progress to date on Marica, and we look forward to the delivery of the FPSO to our client once the Brasa scope is completed,” Perkins said. “We expect her to follow in the footsteps of her mother ship FPSO Cidade de Ilhabela, which has been successfully producing offshore Brazil for eight months and is an example of the world-class standards to which SBM aspires. All our teams are working hard to achieve our delivery target for Marica, the third pre-salt FPSO in the series of four that SBM is providing to Petrobras.”
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference