The International Monetary Fund (IMF) and El Salvador will host the XIII Regional Conference, which will focus on fiscal policy, regional outlook and financial integration.
conference will include representatives from El Salvador, Panama and other Central American nations. The main focus will be on the region’s macroeconomic outlook, including experience, growth, fiscal policies and responsibility frameworks. Attendees will also discuss the risks and benefits from the growing financial integration.
The conference will unite finance ministers, central bank governors, and financial sector superintendents from the area. There will also be leaders from multilateral organizations and senior officials from the IMF.
“The conference will bring to the table major regional policymakers to discuss options to strengthen policy frameworks and reforms to remove investment obstacles, with a view to enhance the resilience of the regional economy, raise potential growth, and ease inequality gaps,” Alejandro Werner, director of the IMF’s Western Hemisphere Department, said.
Salvador Sanchez-Ceren, the president of El Salvador, will begin the conference. Mitsuhiro Furusawa, the Deputy Managing Director of the IMF, will head the IMF delegation alongside Werner, the supervisor of IMF activities and operations in the Western Hemisphere.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about International Monetary Fund ?
Next time we write about International Monetary Fund, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference