Competition lawyer Miguel Flores Bernés recently joined the Mexico City office of Greenberg Traurig, LLP as a shareholder in the Antitrust, Telecommunications and Competition Practice Group.
Bernés is a former commissioner of the Mexican Federal Competition Commission.
“We are delighted that Miguel has joined Greenberg Traurig," José Raz Guzmán, managing shareholder of Greenberg Traurig’s Mexico City office, said. “As a former commissioner of the Federal Competition Commission, Miguel has been at the forefront of Mexico’s constitutional reforms related to competition. His vast experience handling all aspects of competition enforcement and regulation matters, as well as antitrust issues, will strengthen the depth of our firm’s competition capabilities in Mexico and across our global network.”
Bernés has experience with the full range of Mexican and multinational competition law, including merger control, market dominance, cartel conduct, investigations, sector inquiries, compliance and regulatory matters. He also has widespread experience in the telecommunications and broadcasting industries.
He is chair of the Mexican Bar Association’s Anti-Trust/Competition law section and serves as vice-president of the Mexican Competition Committee for the International Chamber of Commerce.
“Miguel is an exceptionally talented lawyer with a long track record of working at the highest levels to improve the regulatory framework in Mexico,” Juan Manuel González Bernal, a shareholder in the Mexico City office, said. “His arrival promises to provide our clients unsurpassed insights about the regulatory environment in which they operate.”
Organizations in this story
Greenberg Traurig, LLP 77 W Upper Wacker Dr Chicago, IL 60601
- Davivienda customers receive promotional bonuses for use with Uber in Costa Rica
- Peru-based Enel awarded two wind power projects in Russia
- Chevrolet and Atento honored for customer service social media effort
- Scholle IPN establishing packaging facility in Santiago
- Cargill, Solidaridad, Biocosta start sustainable palm oil program in Colombia
- Internet professionals gather to discuss connectivity in Latin America, Caribbean
- S&P Down Jones Indices to handle Mexican Stock Exchange indices
- U.S. State Department official outlines situation in Venezuela
- Volvo' developing self-steering truck in Brazil sugar cane field
- Mauro Libi Crestani's Casa Hogar Foundation celebrates ninth year in Venezuela