Grupo Bimbo, the biggest baking company in the world, recently joined several others in supporting the Better Than Cash Alliance, which is designed to help small businesses throughout Mexico by increasing digital payment profits.
"We recognize Grupo Bimbo's leadership in Mexico to drive the use of digital payments in the retail sector," Ruth Goodwin-Groen, managing director of the Better Than Cash Alliance, said. "By making digital payment services more widely available in small businesses, Grupo Bimbo is advancing the shared goals of alliance members to increase efficiency and inclusive growth. We look forward to supporting the company's efforts to enable digital payments throughout its network of retailers and sharing its good practices with other Alliance members."
The alliance will serve to strengthen Grupo Bimbo’s commitment to assist in developing “mom and pop” small businesses in the region. These small businesses have notable positive effects on the economy, and using integrated digital payments is estimated to raise the profit earnings and stabilize jobs.
"The 'mom and pop' sector is an important partner which has historically accompanied our growth in the country,” Hortensia Contreras, vice president of electronic services for Grupo Bimbo, said. “Today, there are more than 700,000 small stores that need access to advanced technology to obtain certain advantages against their competitors.”
- Franchise Whales hopes to seed the economy by helping others
- Show support for vets, military by increasing U.S. energy independence, says Latino veteran leader
- How Pilar O’Leary Put Latino Culture on the Map
- Two Latino U.S. senators could have key roles in reforming Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquin Pira quietly makes donations to first responders and patients
- Monterrey gains TI Automotive production plant
- Nitro Quimica picks Eyefreight for logistics support in Brazil
- Pelican BioThermal expands into South America
- Brazil's Embraer signs deal to supply jets to Horizon Air
- Biocept's lung cancer blood test to become more accessible in Mexico