WR Berkley Corp. recently announced that it has formed Berkley International Seguros Colombia SA to offer more services including all surety, risk, directors, general liability and officers liability, as well as a variety of commercial insurance products and specific classes of professional cargo and liability.
Berkley Insurance Co. first launched in the Colombian reinsurance market in 2014 with its first representative office based in Bogota.
Sylvia Luz Rincon has been chosen as the president and chief executive officer of Berkley International Seguros Colombia. She has over 20 years of experience in the casualty and property insurance market in the Colombian region. Her outstanding team includes Jaime Alberto Aramburo as the lead representative office, who brings over 20 years of reinsurance and insurance experience.
"We are pleased to enter the insurance market in Colombia through the establishment of Berkley International Seguros Colombia,” CEO William Berkley said. “Colombia is a fast-growing insurance market with a strong economy. Establishing a new local presence with an experienced leader like Sylvia will enable us to serve the unique needs of businesses in her market."
Additional details are available at www.berkley.com.
- Franchise Whales hopes to seed the economy by helping others
- Show support for vets, military by increasing U.S. energy independence, says Latino veteran leader
- How Pilar O’Leary Put Latino Culture on the Map
- Two Latino U.S. senators could have key roles in reforming Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquin Pira quietly makes donations to first responders and patients
- Monterrey gains TI Automotive production plant
- Nitro Quimica picks Eyefreight for logistics support in Brazil
- Pelican BioThermal expands into South America
- Brazil's Embraer signs deal to supply jets to Horizon Air
- Biocept's lung cancer blood test to become more accessible in Mexico