WR Berkley Corp. recently announced that it has formed Berkley International Seguros Colombia SA to offer more services including all surety, risk, directors, general liability and officers liability, as well as a variety of commercial insurance products and specific classes of professional cargo and liability.
Berkley Insurance Co. first launched in the Colombian reinsurance market in 2014 with its first representative office based in Bogota.
Sylvia Luz Rincon has been chosen as the president and chief executive officer of Berkley International Seguros Colombia. She has over 20 years of experience in the casualty and property insurance market in the Colombian region. Her outstanding team includes Jaime Alberto Aramburo as the lead representative office, who brings over 20 years of reinsurance and insurance experience.
"We are pleased to enter the insurance market in Colombia through the establishment of Berkley International Seguros Colombia,” CEO William Berkley said. “Colombia is a fast-growing insurance market with a strong economy. Establishing a new local presence with an experienced leader like Sylvia will enable us to serve the unique needs of businesses in her market."
Additional details are available at www.berkley.com.
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference
- El Salvador's Asesuisa discusses risk management, strategic direction with stakeholders
- Grupo Exito buying lettuce locally to support resocialization program
- Endo selling Mexico-based Grupo-Farmaceutico Somar