Pace International LLC recently announced plans to merge its Pace International Chile Business with Valent BioSciences Chile, effective Aug. 1.
Valent BioSciences Corp. acquired Pace in December 2012. Both
Pace International Chile
and Valent BioSciences Chile are wholly owned subsidiaries of Sumitomo Chemical Company (SCC).
“This merger is an important next step in the strategic vision of Pace and the SCC group,”
Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Roberto Carpentier said. “When we created Pace International Chile in 1999, we did so as a means to strengthen our offering of industry-leading, post-harvest solutions to a regional market that is renowned for the quality of its fruit production. This integration with Valent BioSciences Chile will consolidate that process.”
The merger will be accomplished through the creation of a new Postharvest Division within Valent BioSciences Chile. Through the combination of the two entities, Pace will expand its operational strength in the areas of customer service, logistics, administration, trading capacity and geographic coverage within the region.
“As the only multinational solutions provider with a portfolio that includes conventional, biorational, and postharvest products,” Gonzalo Maturana, general manager of Valent BioSciences Chile, said. “The SCC group continues to expand their distinctive market presence by bringing our knowledge, cultures, and technologies together in ways that create unique value not only in Chile, Latin America and South Africa, but for our customers around the world. We are excited about this development and the opportunities it creates for our customers and our respective organizations.”
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference