RISI on June 17 announced that it has named Suzano Chief Executive Officer Walter Schalka its 2015 Latin American CEO of the Year, as selected by a group of investment analysts and portfolio managers covering the Latin American and global pulp and paper industry.
Schalka will receive the award at the Latin American Conference on Aug. 18 in São Paulo, Brazil.
"He [Schalka] changed the company's culture to a cost/profitability focus, completed the Maranhão project and has been able to deleverage the company,” an analyst said. “This strategy has benefited both workers and shareholders."
Another analyst said Schalka was chosen for his capability to overcome hardships, how he changes his company’s strategy, and improvement he made in the organizational environment.
RISI's Latin American CEO of the Year Award was first presented in 2007. RISI organizes four regional CEO awards each year for Europe, Asia, Latin America and North America. The winners of each area are presented at the regional RISI conferences. RISI's Latin American Conference will feature presentations from industry leaders and experts, who will give their outlooks for key segments of the Latin American and global forest products industry.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about RISI ?
Next time we write about RISI, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Guatemalan businessman Fernando Jarquín implements vision for development
- Emiliano Salinas cuts ties with NXIVM
- Fernando Jarquin, Guatemala’s Pharmaceutical Innovator and Entrepreneur, Talks Business
- New Colombia Resources says Sannabis test was successful
- Grupo Exito aims to help support Colombia
- Codelco CEO calls for transparency, focus on production goals
- BCP offers tips on choosing master's degree program
- General Tire launches new tire for Andean market
- Latin America talks of boosting pork production, exports @CorferiasBogota
- AIR Worldwide team takes part in wind-engineering conference